Our members are local singers and musicians ranging in age from those in the fourth grade to octogenarians (and sometimes beyond!). We all share a common desire to bring the joy of great music to the community and take pride in our performances. We do not require an audition to join any of our choral groups. The only requirements are the love of music and the willingness and perseverance to prepare and perform it to the best of our abilities.
Responsibilities of Membership
- Attendance - Members of the Lebanon County Choral Society are expected to attend all rehearsals. A sign-in sheet will be provided for check in for the Adult Chorus. If you cannot attend a rehearsal please alert the section leader, and try to have no more than three (3) absences per concert season. A meeting with the Artistic Director is required if a member misses more than three rehearsals and wishes to participate in the concert. In cases when members are unable to sing at a rehearsal due to, for example a sore throat, it is advisable to attend the rehearsal anyway, and sit in the back. Rehearsals start promptly at 5:30 PM (Youth Chorus), and 7:30 PM (Adult Chorus) and conclude at approximately 6:30 PM, and 9:30 PM, respectively. Please make every effort to be on time.
- Parking For Rehearsals - Hebron Church has requested that Choral Society members park in the west lot furthest away from the church building so as not to impede parking for church members arriving for Monday evening church functions.
- Dues - Dues are $30.00 per concert season ($15.00 for the Youth Chorus members and Students) and are payable to the Treasurer (currently Cheryl Dahlberg, Soprano Section) by the third rehearsal of the season. Consideration will be made for any member for whom the fee is a hardship (please speak with Cheryl, or with any Board Member). Checks should be made payable to the Lebanon County Choral Society.
- Music - Members are encouraged, but not required to purchase their music each season. This helps to defray costs. The Treasurer will inform the membership as to the cost of the music. Members who do not purchase music are requested to return it to the Music Librarian (currently Jen Trexler) immediately after the concert, as instructed. Mark your music with pencil only, PLEASE. Checks for music are payable to the Lebanon County Choral Society.
- Concert Dress - Adult Chorus - Ladies: all black with comfortable black shoes and modest jewelry. No hair spray or perfume. Men: Dark suit (preferably black) or tuxedo, white dress or tux shirt with black bow tie, comfortable black shoes. No hair spray or cologne. Members are required to provide their own concert dress. Members are required to provide black folders for concert performances. Youth Chorus members will be advised by their artistic director as to the appropriate concert dress.
- Help With the Organization - This organization will thrive if every member will help with the work that has to be done. Every member is encouraged to serve on at least one committee, assist with the work of that group, and volunteer as needed when the call is made. For a list of committees, please click here